Your Councillors by Ward

Local Councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. They represent public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which he or she has been elected to serve a term of office.

They have regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries. Surgeries provide an opportunity for any ward resident to go and talk their councillor face to face and these take place on a regular basis.

Councillors are not paid a salary for their work, but they do receive allowances. By law, all members of the Council are required to complete a declaration of interest form, the details of which are published annually.

Who is my local Councillor?

You can find out who your local Councillor is by entering your postcode into the find my councillor page.

Councillor links

To find more information about Medway councillors please use the links below:

 Chatham Central

 Cuxton and Halling

 Gillingham North

 Gillingham South

 Hempstead and Wigmore

 Lordswood and Capstone

 Luton and Wayfield


 Princes Park

 Rainham Central

 Rainham North

 Rainham South


 Rochester East

 Rochester South and Horsted

 Rochester West

 Strood North

 Strood Rural

 Strood South