Purpose of committee
The Cabinet is responsible for proposing the policy framework and budget to Full Council and for taking in-year decisions on resources and priorities. The Cabinet delivers and implements the budget and policies decided by Full Council.
The Cabinet consists of the Leader of the Council and eight other elected members. Each cabinet member has a portfolio of responsibilities although decisions are taken collectively at Cabinet meetings.
The Cabinet has a programme of work known as the forward plan. The forward plan helps the Cabinet plan its work and sets out the decisions the Cabinet will make over the next few months. It also gives residents of Medway the opportunity to comment on the issues that the Cabinet is tackling. The forward plan can be viewed here: http://democracy.medway.gov.uk/mgListPlans.aspx?RPId=115&RD=0
- Councillor Alan Jarrett Conservative
- Councillor Howard Doe Conservative
- Councillor David Brake Conservative
- Councillor Rodney Chambers, OBE Conservative
- Councillor Jane Chitty Conservative
- Councillor Phil Filmer Conservative
- Councillor Adrian Gulvin Conservative
- Councillor Andrew Mackness Conservative
- Councillor Martin Potter Conservative
- Councillor Rupert Turpin Conservative
Support officer: Wayne Hemingway, Democratic Services Officer.
Gun Wharf, Dock Road
Phone: 01634 332509
Web site: http://www.medway.gov.uk