This report will provide details of a proposal to approve revised dates and arrangements for the Medway Test in Autumn 2020.
Access to Information
The report together with any other documents being considered (unless they contain exempt information) would ordinarily be available for inspection 5 clear days before the decision is taken by the Cabinet. Copies are available on the Council's website or requested from Democratic Services Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR or email email@example.com. If you wish to submit information to the Cabinet about the item please also contact Democratic Services.
Section 9 of the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements)(Meetings and Access to Information)(England) Regulations 2012 requires 28 days’ notice to be given before a key decision can be made. On this occasion it has not been possible to provide 28 clear days’ notice, nor 5 clear days’ notice, therefore Section 11 (Cases of special urgency) of the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements)(Meetings and Access to Information)(England) Regulations 2012 and Rule 17 (Special urgency) of the Council’s Access to Information Rules, as set out in the Constitution, have been complied with. The Chairman of the Children and Young People Overview and Scrutiny Committee has agreed that the taking of these decisions are urgent and cannot be reasonably deferred until the next Cabinet meeting on 7 July 2020. This is to ensure that:
· Schools and parents are aware of the changes before the close of the registration on 29 June 2020.
· Pupils have additional time to prepare for the test.
· Schools and test centres are able to plan in advance of the test as changes to arrangements for open days and evenings need to be planned and published, as well as ensuring venues are available on the dates required and any planned events on the sites are postponed.
· Officers can meet the deadlines required in sections of the organisation of the test which are fixed.
· Officers can liaise with other authorities in the organisation of the test to avoid clashing wherever possible.
Decision type: Key
Decision status: For Determination
Notice of proposed decision first published: 12/06/2020
Decision due: 12 Jun 2020 by Cabinet
Lead member: Councillor Mrs Josie Iles, Portfolio Holder for Children’s Services – Lead Member (statutory responsibility) firstname.lastname@example.org, Councillor Martin Potter, Portfolio Holder for Education and Schools
Lead director: Ian Sutherland
Department: Children and Adults
Contact: Paul Clarke, Programme Lead - School Organisation and Capital Services Email: email@example.com Tel: 01634 331031.
Relevant Overview and Scrutiny Committee:: Children and Young People