Kent and Medway Joint Health and Wellbeing Board
Purpose of committee
Kent and Medway Joint Health and Wellbeing Board (Advisory Sub Committee of the Health and Wellbeing Boards of Medway Council and Kent County Council)
The Kent and Medway Joint Health and Wellbeing Board is an advisory sub-committee which operates to encourage persons who arrange for the provision of any health or social care services in the area to work in an integrated manner and for the purpose of advising on the development of the Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) Plans for Kent and Medway.
It will seek to:
· Ensure collective leadership to improve health and well-being outcomes across both local authority areas, to enable shared discussion and consensus about the STP across the Kent and Medway footprint in an open and transparent way.
· Help to ensure the STP has democratic legitimacy and accountability, to seek assurance that health care services paid for by public monies are provided in a cost-effective manner.
· Consider the work of the STP and encourage persons who arrange for the provision of any health or social care services in the area to work in an integrated manner.
· Take account of and advise on the wider statutory duties of Health and Social Care Partners.
(a) To consider and influence the work of the STP focussing on prevention, Local Care and wellbeing across Kent and Medway.
(b) To consider and shape the development of Local Care within the STP which will impact on adult social care delivery in both authorities, advising the Kent and Medway Health and Wellbeing Boards accordingly.
(c) To give advice to the STP in developing clear plans and business cases to assist commissioners in making best use of their combined resources to improve local health and well-being outcomes, particularly relating to the Local Care and Prevention work streams, making recommendations to the Kent and Medway Health and Wellbeing Boards on support that could be provided.
(d) To keep NHS commissioning plans under review, insofar as they relate to STP Plans to ensure they are taking into account the Kent and Medway Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and local HWB Strategies, referring back to the STP Programme Board and respective Kent and Medway Health and Wellbeing Boards where they do not.
(e) To champion integration in local care delivery, including working with the STP to establish a Kent and Medway Local Care Board.
(f) To support the development of the Clinical Strategy.
(g) To ensure alignment of the Kent and Medway JSNAs with population health needs to inform the STP Case for Change and the associated Clinical Strategy.
(h) To consider and advise on the development of the STP Preventative work-stream given it is heavily focussed on Public Health functions within both upper-tier authorities.
(i) To consider and advise on the development of options for the local authorities’ role in a Strategic Commissioner arrangement with Health – the engagement in which remains a matter for each of the local authorities.
(j) To consider options for the Local Authority role in the development of Integrated Care Systems (previously known as Accountable Care Partnerships), the engagement in which remains a matter for each of the local authorities.
- Mr Paul Carter, CBE Conservative Kent County Council
- Mr Graham Gibbens Conservative Kent County Council
- Mr Roger Gough Conservative Kent County Council
- Mr Peter Oakford (Vice-Chairman) Conservative Kent County Council
- Matt Dunkley, CBE Kent County Council
- Andrew Scott-Clark Kent County Council
- Penny Southern Kent County Council
- Councillor David Brake (Chairman) Conservative Medway Council
- Councillor Alan Jarrett Conservative Medway Council
- Councillor Howard Doe Conservative Medway Council
- Councillor Martin Potter Conservative Medway Council
- Chris McKenzie Medway Council
- Ian Sutherland Medway Council
- James Williams Medway Council
- Ian Ayres Clinical Commissioning Group Representative
- Stuart Jeffery (Substitute) Clinical Commissioning Group Representative
- Glenn Douglas Clinical Commissioning Group Representative
- Caroline Selkirk Clinical Commissioning Group Representative
- Lorraine Goodsell (Substitute) Clinical Commissioning Group Representative
- Cath Foad Healthwatch Medway
- Penny Graham Healthwatch Kent
- Councillor Sarah Aldridge Swale Borough Council
- Councillor Tony Searles Sevenoaks District Council
- Matthew Scott Police and Crime Commissioner
- Dr John Allingham Kent Local Medical Committee
- Dr Caroline Rickard (Substitute) Kent Local Medical Committee
- Dr Robert Stewart Design and Learning Centre for Clinical and Social Innovation
Support officer: Jade Milnes, Democratic Services Officer.
Phone: 01634 332008